The Black Watch
Castle & Museum
Hay Street, Perth, Scotland
The Black Watch Castle & Museum
Balhousie Castle dates to 1631, but is believed to date a further three hundred years back. In 1962, the Castle became the Regimental Headquarters and Museum of The Black Watch.
Photograph's in gallery by Graeme Watson
(All photos in gallery are from a camera phone,
the quality varies depending on weather conditions. (no flashes were used).)
A painting showing a battalion of Black Watch recruits raised for service in North America being reviewed.
'A painting showing a battalion of Black Watch recruits raised for service in North America being reviewed. It hangs in the regimental museum at Balhousie Castle in Perth. This section shows a musket volley being fired from the front of the column. The two most prominent spires are those of the Merchants' Hall (left) and St. Andrews Church (right). Date circa 1758'
Black Watch at Fontenoy, 1745
'The Royal Highland Regiment at Fontenoy, 1745. Signed and dated 'W. Skeoch Cumming/1894' (lower left). Date 1894'